Shipping & Ship Management
The purpose of Amazon Corporate&Immigration Services is to satisfy freight owners, shipping professionals and other people involved in the shipping and other businesses.
We provide shipping services under the flags of Cyprus, Malta, Belize, Dominican Republic, British Virgin Islands and Marshal Islands.
Cyprus is one of the largest shipping centers in the world with both ship owners and ship management companies. Cyprus is currently ranked the 10th in the world in terms of the size of the merchant fleet in the International Register and is the third largest fleet in the EU with the registered gross tonnage of over 21 million tons.
Apart from that, Cyprus has the only EU approved “open registry” regime with a flexible tonnage taxation system, which includes three main types of “maritime transport”:
- Ownership of the ships.
- Management of the ships.
Due to the commitment of Cyprus to a high level of safety and quality of shipping, Cyprus flag is included in the “White List” of Paris and Tokyo Memorandums of Understanding on Port State Control and is also excluded from the US Coast Guards “List of the Flag States Subject to the Law”.
Amazon Corporate&Immigration Services provides the following services to the interested businessmen:
- Registration of the shipping companies.
- Registration of the ships and yachts.
- Chartering (bareboat, time and voyage).
- Parallel registration.
- Tax planning and structuring of the ship owners using Cyprus tonnage taxation system and various classifications.
- Tax planning and structuring of the sale or purchase of mega yachts.
- Transfer of the ownership/name.
- Change of the name.
- Drafting and negotiating the ship management agreements and other related agreements.
- Accounting, transfer and payment of the mortgages.
- Confirmation of the compliance with the requirements of STCW (International Convention on Standards of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping for Seafarers).
- Management of the wages and employment issues (e.g. officers and crew).